H1B Petition for 2013 has been Appoved need futher help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Petition for 2013 has been Appoved need futher help

As, I am Non software engineer and working in company X, but got offer from US company Y which is a Indian Multinational so they filed my Petition and got approved in last month now I want to apply for the H1B Visa in India. I have few query listed below.

1. About DS 160 Form Filling.
    What would the answer for
    a. Intended length of Stay?-(as my petition is valid for 3 yrs)----Answer
    b. Person Entity paying for your trip?- Options are 1. US petitioner 2. Self 3. Other person 4. Other company (as initially i am paying for my visa application fee i.e. $190 but once i get to us they will refund me the fee) --- Answer
    c. Has any one filed an immigrant petition on behalf with the USCIS? (As this is my first time to apply this visa but I had traveled to US on B1/B2 Visa in 2010 for 180 days)---- Answer
    d. In contact person section, the Relationship to you?--- Options are 1. US petitioner 2. Employer. 3. etc (what is the correct answer for this)----- Answer

2. About the H1B fee.
    as from VFS site i came to know that the base fee for H1B is $190 but there is some additional fee for some H1B petitioner having 50+ employee and out of them 50% on H1b or L1 status .I asked to my employer about this additional fee but they replied that they have already paid this fee while petition application. but in VFS site i came across in FAQ that if its applicable we need to pay this additional fee by cheque/DD at the time of interview Is it SO? please guide.

3. Documents Required at the time of interview from Employer.
    As of now my employer had sent me original approval notice I797 along with Offer letter. What other documents required from the employer?
    as i see some Experience of H1b Visa interview on this site some people were asked for LCA & I129 .
    Is this documents required for interview and what other documents will be required from US employer please guide. so that i can ask them for those additional documents.

Thanks in advance

1. About DS 160 Form Filling.
    What would the answer for
    a. Intended length of Stay?-(as my petition is valid for 3 yrs)----Answer
    Akhil: Mention it accordingly. If petition is approved for 3 years, mention as 3 years.

b. Person Entity paying for your trip?- Options are 1. US petitioner 2. Self 3. Other person 4. Other company (as initially i am paying for my visa application fee i.e. $190 but once i get to us they will refund me the fee) --- Answer
    Akhil: Mention it as US Petitioner (as they would be paying for your trip)

c. Has any one filed an immigrant petition on behalf with the USCIS? (As this is my first time to apply this visa but I had traveled to US on B1/B2 Visa in 2010 for 180 days)---- Answer
    Akhil: B1/B2 are non immigrant visa, hence reply no here.

d. In contact person section, the Relationship to you?--- Options are 1. US petitioner 2. Employer. 3. etc (what is the correct answer for this)----- Answer
    Akhil: Make this as 'US Petitioner' and provide the details of your petitioner accordingly.

2. About the H1B fee.
    as from VFS site i came to know that the base fee for H1B is $190 but there is some additional fee for some H1B petitioner having 50+ employee and out of them 50% on H1b or L1 status .I asked to my employer about this additional fee but they replied that they have already paid this fee while petition application. but in VFS site i came across in FAQ that if its applicable we need to pay this additional fee by cheque/DD at the time of interview Is it SO? please guide.
    Akhil: The fees would have already been paid (while applying for the transfer by your petitioner). You just need to pay 190$ for the interview.
    Ask your petitioner for the proof of the fees paid (he should send out the scanned copies to you)

3. Documents Required at the time of interview from Employer.
    As of now my employer had sent me original approval notice I797 along with Offer letter. What other documents required from the employer?
    as i see some Experience of H1b Visa interview on this site some people were asked for LCA & I129 .
    Is this documents required for interview and what other documents will be required from US employer please guide. so that i can ask them for those additional documents.
    Akhil: Docs include: Original i797, Offer Letter, LCA, Client letter, SOW, i129, US Petitioner financial statements etc.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the answer akhil. Appreciate the help.
      have some more doubts below.

Akhil I agree with your 3 ans in 1 DS 160 Form
      but i think the ans for this below question would be "employer" as we are specifying the name of the contact person and the question is in the US contact section so I think it may be asking the Contact person relationship to me as he not the petitioner what do you think, Please correct me if i am wrong.
      d. In contact person section, the Relationship to you?--- Options are 1. US petitioner 2. Employer.

2. For Visa fee.
      I also think in the same way. just wanted to know from people who recently applied.

3. For Documents
      I have Original I797 and Scanned Offer letter and i will be working in the employer office so i think i don't need any client letter,
      but for SOW, i129, US Petitioner financial statements etc. and LCA are all these Documents Do i need because mine is fresh Petition not an extension.
      Please suggest/guide
      Thanks in advance

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X