Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B & H4 Renewal

Hello,
    i hot my H1B extension till 2015 and so do my wife got an extension. We are in USA and our visas are going to expire in Sept 2012. We are planning to got o India in April 2012. I have a question, can we both go for stamping for new visa together or should my wife wait till i get my visa?

i am in some kind of confusion, is it possible that we both appear for the interview at the same time and get our stamping done?

Thanks

Hello,
    i think i didn't explain my question throughly, here is the scenario.
    1. Me and my wife both are in USA, i am on H1B and wife is on H4
    2. My status(H1B) is going to expire in September 2012 and so as my wife, my employer has extended our status i.e. we got new I-94 valid till 2015 and so also i got my new I 797
    3. We are planning to go to India in April 2013 and we have planned to schedule interview for the new visa from here so we can finish up the work as soon as we land in India.

My question is can we both appear together for the interview to get re stamping done and get the new visa. What i heard is dependent (H4) visa can only be granted on the primary visa (H1B) and in my case my would have expired at that time, so will the consulate grant us visa at the same time we if go for the interview together or should i get my re stamping done first and then my wife.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by skumar96 View Post
      Hello,
      i think i didn't explain my question throughly, here is the scenario.
      1. Me and my wife both are in USA, i am on H1B and wife is on H4
      2. My status(H1B) is going to expire in September 2012 and so as my wife, my employer has extended our status i.e. we got new I-94 valid till 2015 and so also i got my new I 797
      3. We are planning to go to India in April 2013 and we have planned to schedule interview for the new visa from here so we can finish up the work as soon as we land in India.

My question is can we both appear together for the interview to get re stamping done and get the new visa. What i heard is dependent (H4) visa can only be granted on the primary visa (H1B) and in my case my would have expired at that time, so will the consulate grant us visa at the same time we if go for the interview together or should i get my re stamping done first and then my wife.

Thanks
      It is advisable that both of you go together. If your New H1 is granted/stamped your spouse will also get H4 stamped along with you.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X