Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 dependent visa given pink slip

Hi,

Last Tuesday myself(dependent) and family had been to the consulate. My wife and kid got H1b and H4 approved respectively but my H4 was put under Administrative processing. Now it's really hard to say when this admin processing will get over as you all know that US consulate will take it's own time to clear the cases. My question is, I have a valid H1b petition and I would like to go for H1b stamping by September end. If God forbid I don't receive the passport by then can I apply to get back the passport so that I can go for H1b stamping or should I indefinitely wait for this Admin processing to get over ? Please suggest.

Thanks,
    Sameer

You have two options if the admin process doesn't get clear by that time.

1) Write a letter to the consulat staying that you still want to continue the H4 visa application that is under admin proxess, but you need your passport back and will submit it later when the admin process gets completed. Once you get the passport, you can apply for the H1B visa when H4 is pending AP.

2) Withdraw your H4 application. They will send the passport back and you can apply for the H1B visa.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Got the Visa !!!

Got my passport with H4 visa stamped in a cool 10 days. My suggestion to other people whose cases are still under Admin processing - "Patience is the key"

Thanks,
      Sameer

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X