Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can passport be mailed to the Canadian Embassy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can passport be mailed to the Canadian Embassy?

Hi All,

I am currently stuck in Canada since i got a 221G (White Slip). Its the same story :- The VISA officer has returned my passport to me and refused to give me a rough idea of how long it will take.

Initially , i was given the 221G because i did not have the client letter; when i submitted the client a few days later, the officer handed out a new 221G white slip and told me my case will still be under review.Its been roughly 13 days since i first had the interview with the VISA officer.

To make things worse, i am getting married this month - in about 14 days and need to get back home soon.

Chances of hearing from them is very bleak -- Wednesday,Sat and Sun are holidays.

My query is if i have to be there in person for future communication.Can i go back to my home country and if there is a query for information - can i send it by mail ? More importantly,if they ask me to submit my passport can i courier/mail it to the embassy ?

I really need to be home soon since wedding dates are very near and cant afford to be here in Canada for long.Even if i am able to submit my passport this week to the embassy,there is no way i will get it in time and i will end up missing my own wedding The only way i see things happening to get back to Canada after my wedding and pursue things OR if i could send my passport or information they are looking for by mail.

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.Thanks in Advance.
    Last edited by HQuery; 08-08-2012, 11:06 AM. Reason: Spelling

Originally posted by HQuery View Post
    Hi All,

I am currently stuck in Canada since i got a 221G (White Slip). Its the same story :- The VISA officer has returned my passport to me and refused to give me a rough idea of how long it will take.

Initially , i was given the 221G because i did not have the client letter; when i submitted the client a few days later, the officer handed out a new 221G white slip and told me my case will still be under review.Its been roughly 13 days since i first had the interview with the VISA officer.

To make things worse, i am getting married this month - in about 14 days and need to get back home soon.

Chances of hearing from them is very bleak -- Wednesday,Sat and Sun are holidays.

My query is if i have to be there in person for future communication.Can i go back to my home country and if there is a query for information - can i send it by mail ? More importantly,if they ask me to submit my passport can i courier/mail it to the embassy ?

I really need to be home soon since wedding dates are very near and cant afford to be here in Canada for long.Even if i am able to submit my passport this week to the embassy,there is no way i will get it in time and i will end up missing my own wedding The only way i see things happening to get back to Canada after my wedding and pursue things OR if i could send my passport or information they are looking for by mail.

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.Thanks in Advance.
    It is illegal to send passport overseas through mail/courier. You can withdraw your application and re apply in your home country. This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X