Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passport Expiring in Jan 2013, H1B VISA Stamping on 30 Aug, Travel to US on 15th Sept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Expiring in Jan 2013, H1B VISA Stamping on 30 Aug, Travel to US on 15th Sept

Hi All,

My Passport is expiring in Jan 2013. I am travelling to India in Aug and have H1B Visa Extension Stamping on 30 Aug and Travelling back to US on 15th Sept. Will the passport expiring soon have an issue during stamping or at the POE?

Thanks

Originally posted by imaz_2002 View Post
    Hi All,

My Passport is expiring in Jan 2013. I am travelling to India in Aug and have H1B Visa Extension Stamping on 30 Aug and Travelling back to US on 15th Sept. Will the passport expiring soon have an issue during stamping or at the POE?

Thanks
    I think there is a requirement of passport to be valid for more than 6 Months when one goes for H1 stamping. On Aug 30th you passport would be expiring in less than 6 Months, they might give a 221G and ask to submit new passport, getting new passport in India is a long drawn process....why take chances when you can renew passport in US itself and then proceed to travel. Under tatkaal scheme you can get a new passport same day in US. This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X