Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding H4 withdrawal

Hi,

My wife is on H4 visa. She went to India few months ago. Before coming back to USA she had to go to US consulate for visa stamping as I had changed the employer last year. Consulate gave her 221G and asked to submit a lot of documents. We did not submit any documents and meanwhile I changed the employer again while she is in India. Now she again wants to appear for H4 visa stamping interview. I have following queries

1. Do we need to get any kind of withdrawal confirmation from consulate? We have already sent multiple emails to VFS office regarding withdrawal of her previous H4 but haven't got any update from consulate. It's more than a month now. Sent multiple reminders to them but no reply still.

2. Is it ok if she goes for the new H4 visa stamping interview without consulate's confirmation for old H4 withdrawal?

Please let me know. Thanks.

Nothing is needed. She can apply for her Visa again like before. 221g is considered a denial unless cleared, so she needs to mention that in her application.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      Nothing is needed. She can apply for her Visa again like before. 221g is considered a denial unless cleared, so she needs to mention that in her application.
      Thanks for your response, kabkaba. You said "she needs to mention that in her application." . so this has to be mentioned in which application? And what exactly should be mentioned? Can you help? Thanks again.

Comment

Answer yes to the question 'Has your Visa ever been denied' and write 221g in the details section.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by heramboak View Post
          Hi,

My wife is on H4 visa. She went to India few months ago. Before coming back to USA she had to go to US consulate for visa stamping as I had changed the employer last year. Consulate gave her 221G and asked to submit a lot of documents. We did not submit any documents and meanwhile I changed the employer again while she is in India. Now she again wants to appear for H4 visa stamping interview. I have following queries

1. Do we need to get any kind of withdrawal confirmation from consulate? We have already sent multiple emails to VFS office regarding withdrawal of her previous H4 but haven't got any update from consulate. It's more than a month now. Sent multiple reminders to them but no reply still.

2. Is it ok if she goes for the new H4 visa stamping interview without consulate's confirmation for old H4 withdrawal?

Please let me know. Thanks.
          Hey, can you please let me know that when your wife got a 221G were you working in the EVVC model ? Or What model of employment were you on ?
          This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by happybuddha View Post
            Hey, can you please let me know that when your wife got a 221G were you working in the EVVC model ? Or What model of employment were you on ?
            oh ok. Got it. Thanks a tonnes, kabkaba.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
            Answer yes to the question 'Has your Visa ever been denied' and write 221g in the details section.
            oh ok. Got it. Thanks a tonnes, kabkaba.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by happybuddha View Post
            i am on h1b.

Comment

Originally posted by heramboak View Post
              i am on h1b.
              The form kabkaba is talking about is called DS-160.
              Since your question originally said your wife was on H4 I kinda knew already that you are on H1. My question was, when your wife got 221, were you
              a) working at a client place through a vendor ?
              b) Working at a client place through sub vendors ?
              c) working full time ?
              This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X