Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g green form issued by the chennai consulate

Hi-

On May 28, 2012 we had been to chennai consulate for visa stamping. My husband's labor, I 140 got cleared and went for H1B extension and it also got extended. With all those particulars along with the h1b documents we had been to visa stamping but the consulate officer got every other documents from my husband and returned the passport by issuing the 221g green form requesting for the end client letter because my husband is a contract employee. We told the officer that the company doesn't provide the end client letter because it is not in their company's policy. Also we requested the company for the letter but the client refused to provide as it is not in their company's policy. In that case can my husband go for new client , new contract with purchase order and with the end client letter and with the company(Employer) attorney's explanation letter mentioning why my husband go with new offer? Does the consulate accept the new offer and its related particulars for visa stamping? Please help me on this. Awaiting for the earliest response.

Thank you
    Last edited by jaiviju; 08-21-2012, 01:37 PM.

Did they ask anything about 140 and your intent of settling there? What did you answer or prepared. Please post

Comment

Originally posted by regsvs View Post
      Did they ask anything about 140 and your intent of settling there? What did you answer or prepared. Please post
      Hi Friend-

They inquired about the relationship between the employer and employee and why my husband didn't change his employer for a longer period of time? On this scenario, we have to tell the Consulate officer about the Green Card process. The consulate officer questioned us who sponsored for the green card process and we gave the details. But they didn't ask about us settling in the USA.

This 221g is given because if you are a contract employee and your company is a consulting company then the officer will take the case to the administrative process. This is the background check about the company and its genunity in their paper works.

Somebody please help me on my issue.

Thank you

Comment

To my knowledge you cant go. Samething happened to me doring extension. My client is also no willing to give client letter. So filed ext with proof that i am working for client(badge, emails etc) got RFE asking for client letter replied woth diff clint details( this time with everything) got denial saying actual requested docs not provided. So left the country with in 2weeks after denial selling everything for huge loss.

I might be wrong

Originally posted by jaiviju View Post
        Hi-

On May 28, 2012 we had been to chennai consulate for visa stamping. My husband's labor, I 140 got cleared and went for H1B extension and it also got extended. With all those particulars along with the h1b documents we had been to visa stamping but the consulate officer got every other documents from my husband and returned the passport by issuing the 221g green form requesting for the end client letter because my husband is a contract employee. We told the officer that the company doesn't provide the end client letter because it is not in their company's policy. Also we requested the company for the letter but the client refused to provide as it is not in their company's policy. In that case can my husband go for new client , new contract with purchase order and with the end client letter and with the company(Employer) attorney's explanation letter mentioning why my husband go with new offer? Does the consulate accept the new offer and its related particulars for visa stamping? Please help me on this. Awaiting for the earliest response.

Thank you

Comment

What your husband told to the VO for sticking to the same consulting company for longer period.

Thanks

Originally posted by jaiviju View Post
          Hi Friend-

They inquired about the relationship between the employer and employee and why my husband didn't change his employer for a longer period of time? On this scenario, we have to tell the Consulate officer about the Green Card process. The consulate officer questioned us who sponsored for the green card process and we gave the details. But they didn't ask about us settling in the USA.

This 221g is given because if you are a contract employee and your company is a consulting company then the officer will take the case to the administrative process. This is the background check about the company and its genunity in their paper works.

Somebody please help me on my issue.

Thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X