Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 interview after L1

Hi guys,

Last Week, I got L1 stamped thru my current employer. Now my H1B petition has also arrived & my US employer is asking me go for H1 visa interview.
    I am sure Interview will ask about this coincidence & may reject H1. How can I justify the time of both visa processing?

Thanks

Originally posted by amarbandhu66 View Post
    Hi guys,

Last Week, I got L1 stamped thru my current employer. Now my H1B petition has also arrived & my US employer is asking me go for H1 visa interview.
    I am sure Interview will ask about this coincidence & may reject H1. How can I justify the time of both visa processing?

Thanks
    Any Help??

Comment

Originally posted by amarbandhu66 View Post
      Hi guys,

Thanks
      If your employer wants you on H1, he wants you on H1. What can you do about it ? If the VO asks about the 'coincidence' you can always say this is what my firm wants me to do.
      I dont think it is going to be a problem if your current and US employer are different companies.
      This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by happybuddha View Post
        If your employer wants you on H1, he wants you on H1. What can you do about it ? If the VO asks about the 'coincidence' you can always say this is what my firm wants me to do.
        I dont think it is going to be a problem if your current and US employer are different companies.
        Well you cant do much.If you want to work with the US employer you need to get H1 stamping done. In some cases the existing L1 is cancelled before deciding on issuing an H1 or not. In any case, most probably, if you get H1, your L1 would be cancelled as one can have either an L1 or H1 not both. This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X