Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Visa stamping in Hyderabad

Hi All,
    I'm planning to go for h1b stamping but I'm in bit of a situation where my I-94 expired as CBP gave the wrong dates and I got it corrected to some extend;my passport expired couple months and officer was only able to correct it the old passport expiry date and my existing visa stamping expired so I have to go to stamping to get new I-94.
    Anyone in similar situation?
    I'm trying to find out what I have to say Yes/No on the DS form question Have you ever over stayed your visa? ( my passport expired 2 month ago so I was told I'm out of status).
    has anyone overcome this kind of situation?, really appreciate any suggestions/help/ideas to preset the case before VO officer.

Thanks All in advance!!
    Sawyer

Originally posted by vsawyer View Post
    Hi All,
    I'm planning to go for h1b stamping but I'm in bit of a situation where my I-94 expired as CBP gave the wrong dates and I got it corrected to some extend;my passport expired couple months and officer was only able to correct it the old passport expiry date and my existing visa stamping expired so I have to go to stamping to get new I-94.
    Anyone in similar situation?
    I'm trying to find out what I have to say Yes/No on the DS form question Have you ever over stayed your visa? ( my passport expired 2 month ago so I was told I'm out of status).
    has anyone overcome this kind of situation?, really appreciate any suggestions/help/ideas to preset the case before VO officer.

Thanks All in advance!!
    Sawyer
    Your statements are confusing. The bottom line is this: if your current I94 has a date *before* today, then yes, you've overstayed.

Comment

make myself clear

I want to make it more clear so I get a good help here.
      My i94 expired as it was given previous 797 dates even thou I have a new I797 while entering US last time, I found out that recently and also went to a CBP officer to get it corrected but couple months before this incident my passport expired and got a new one, so the officer said I can only corrected the I94 to old passport expiry date and my visa stamping expired too, so now I have I94 that expired couple months ago.
      please let me know if anyone went thru this kinda i94 expired issue and went for stamping and how it went.
      I want to know what kind of questions the VO will be asking.
      really appreciate any help!!

Comment

I want to make it more clear so I get a good help here.
        My i94 expired as it was given previous 797 dates even thou I have a new I797 while entering US last time, I found out that recently and also went to a CBP officer to get it corrected but couple months before this incident my passport expired and got a new one, so the officer said I can only corrected the I94 to old passport expiry date and my visa stamping expired too, so now I have I94 that expired couple months ago.
        please let me know if anyone went thru this kinda i94 expired issue and went for stamping and how it went.
        I want to know what kind of questions the VO will be asking.
        really appreciate any help!!
        Still confusing. In any case - if you have a *white* I94 form, and the date on that I94 is any date *in the past*, then you overstayed for [today's_date-date_on_I94] days.

It doesn't matter that your passport expired - what matters is that you should have known the period for which your stay was authorized. The VO will ask you that - why didn't you check your I94 date, and why did you stay after the date on it. So be prepared with a good answer.

Comment

Problem solved

Hi All,
          As the per the advice from my attorney I went to stamping in India and my interview was smooth, I said Yes and explained the situation how I got into overstay in DS 160 for the question have you ever overstayed your visa.
          VO didn't ask abt that question he asked generic H1b questions and said the golden words ' you will get your visa and passport in a week'.
          I wanted to update the thread with the result as I have tried to reach folks that have posted the question ( who were in the same boat in the past) but no luck, I wished so many time that if people updated with their end result it could have helped me so much.

Thanks
          Sawyer

Comment

h1b stamping

Hi All,
            As the per the advice from my attorney I went to stamping in India and my interview was smooth, I said Yes and explained the situation how I got into overstay in DS 160 for the question have you ever overstayed your visa.
            VO didn't ask abt that question he asked generic H1b questions and said the golden words ' you will get your visa and passport in a week'.
            I wanted to update the thread with the result as I have tried to reach folks that have posted the question ( who were in the same boat in the past) but no luck, I wished so many time that if people updated with their end result it could have helped me so much.

Thanks
            Sawyer
            hi Sawyer,

did you get your passport ???

sunny

Comment

H1b Overstay

I was working with company A.
              My H1b (I-797) is Valid from 10/01/2013 Until 09/01/2016.

I move to company B
              My H1b (I-797) is Valid from 02/04/2014 Until 02/03/2015.
              went to India and got Visa Stamping.

(08/25/2014)
              I moved back with company A. they did not terminate my H1 which is valid till 2016, they thought of using the same H1 till 9/1/2016 .

Today (09/22/2015)
              When I entered my details to get I-94 details it shows admit until date 2/3/2015.

Is my staus Illegal ? if yes, What do i have to do to resolve the issue ?

Please suggest.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X