Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it Ok to Go For Visa Appt. when have just 3 months of validity left on H1B Petiti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it Ok to Go For Visa Appt. when have just 3 months of validity left on H1B Petiti

Hello,

I am traveling to India in the Month of October for my Marriage and my H1B petition is expiring on Feb 28th. I am planning to go for visa appointment in the first week of November with my Wife after marriage. Is it safe to go for visa appointment with just three months left on my petition.

Can anyone suggest what is the best way to handle this situation.

One of the suggestion what I received from my friend is that, I can apply for extension now( before 4 & half months) as I have contract with my client.

Please response will be really appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sai

Extension can be filed up to 6 months before the current I-94 expires.

3 months remaining will not be a reason for denial, but working for a consulting company will lead to extra scrutiny anyway.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks For The Reply

Sir,

If I apply for extension, will that be in effect from the time of expiry of my current petition or will the new petition will be in effective right away.

Thanks for the reply.
      Sai

Comment

It will be after the current expiry. But you can apply for your Visa using that new petition.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X