H4 cum Divorce related query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 cum Divorce related query

I got H1B visa and my wife got H4 (Dependent Visa).
    Now, my wife is not living a matrimonial life with me. We both filed a divorce case in April, 2012 and will get a final divorce decree in October first week. In the form of alimony, I have settled the amount.

Meantime my office is planning to send me to onsite for a different client.
    In that case I need to go for amendment of visa.

My Question is that,
    1)For amendment of visa should I have to mention the above personal details? Or without mentioning the above details I can travel after amending only the H1B visa know
    2)After final divorce decree, should I have to inform to US Consulate to cancel H4 Visa?
    3)After final divorce decree, I have to remove my wife’s name in my passport
    4)If I remarry some other girl then I can apply H4 Visa right? Will there be any restrictions.
    5)In this kind of scenario what steps I need to follow? Please help me being it is a personal issue I can’t share with my office colleagues/staff. That is the reason I am asking this question in this forum.
    This forum does a good job by clarifying everyone’s query related to immigration.

There is nothing different that you need to do. Stop worrying. Provide all the information truthfully while filing.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X