Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B Stamping, 221g Green Slip New Delhi

Following are the details of the interview:

1. Interview Date: 10th July 2012 ; New Delhi US Consulate Office.

2. Visa Officer gave green slip (221g) asking following documents:

a) Passport b) I-797 c) I-29 d) LCA

Visa officer also retained the "green slip" that she gave and all the above mentioned documents. She told me that she will contact me by weekend; if she needs anything more. Since then, it has been more than 60 days and no updates were made on my case by them. I read somewhere that senator from your company's area may contact them about the case. Please let me know what all I an do from my side.

3. I have tried contacting the Embassy/VFS through email ("U.S.VFS helpdesk Delhi" <[email protected]>" ) . They all have the same generic reply

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

Thank you for writing to us.

This is to inform you that your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for mandatory administrative processing. Please note that there is no definite time period for administrative processing. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary depending on circumstances of each case. Be assured that the U.S. embassy will contact you if the administrative processing is complete or if they require additional information.

Can someone shed some light on it.

Could you please update if you got your visa ?

1. Interview Date: 10th July 2012 ; New Delhi US Consulate Office.

2. Visa Officer gave green slip (221g) asking following documents:

a) Passport b) I-797 c) I-29 d) LCA

Visa officer also retained the "green slip" that she gave and all the above mentioned documents. She told me that she will contact me by weekend; if she needs anything more. Since then, it has been more than 60 days and no updates were made on my case by them. I read somewhere that senator from your company's area may contact them about the case. Please let me know what all I an do from my side.

3. I have tried contacting the Embassy/VFS through email ("U.S.VFS helpdesk Delhi" <[email protected]>" ) . They all have the same generic reply

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

Thank you for writing to us.

This is to inform you that your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for mandatory administrative processing. Please note that there is no definite time period for administrative processing. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary depending on circumstances of each case. Be assured that the U.S. embassy will contact you if the administrative processing is complete or if they require additional information.

Can someone shed some light on it.[/QUOTE]

Comment

I also got 221g in New Delhi on Oct 19, Still waiting for update. Called OFC and got same reply.
      Are you able to track your case?
      I was able to track my case untill Nov. 4 and after that getting message case# not correct.

Comment

My wife for interview on Octobe 9th at Delhi embassy for h4 and her case is under administrative processing and we have not heard back anything from embassy .

Originally posted by shiha View Post
        I also got 221g in New Delhi on Oct 19, Still waiting for update. Called OFC and got same reply.
        Are you able to track your case?
        I was able to track my case untill Nov. 4 and after that getting message case# not correct.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X