Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer - No Stamping Since Approval

Hi,

I have a few questions regarding H1B Transfer.

1. How long does it take before I can start working in the new company that transfered my visa. When do I know I am OK to start working.

2. My H1B is not stamped and I am not sure if this will cause any problems to my transfer.

Please help. Thanks!

Hi, I am also in the same situation. Please let me know if you find anything about it.
    Thanks.

Comment

H1-B transfer

1. How long does it take before I can start working in the new company that transfered my visa? When do I know I am OK to start working?

When the new company applies for your transfer you will receive a receipt notice some 7 - 10 days after you send in the paperwork. Once you receive this, you can start working for your new company under the Portability Act.

2. My H1B is not stamped and I am not sure if this will cause any problems to my transfer.

No this will not cause any problems. As long as you are in status (staying in the country without getting ur H1 stamped is not illegal...it only matters when you are trying to re-enter the country) you should not have any problems.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X