Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIsa papers from previous employers

Hey,

I had an H1B from my previous employer (reputed US based MNC) which was expired in Aug 2011 and I never travelled or get it stamped from India. Instead, I came to US in Feb 2010 on L1B for the same previous employer. But recently I got my H1 B transferred cap exempt to a new employer (reputed US based MNC) on the basis of the previous H1B Receipt #. I am planning to go to INdia and get my new H1-B stamped in Jan 2011. So, I was wondering if the US consulate would require my previous H1-B papers which I don't have except the receipt # and my previous employer is not ready to provide me the previous H1-B papers. Any help on how can i get my previous H1b papers from previous employer woudl be highly appreciated.

Reputed MNC

Originally posted by vaibh View Post
    Hey,

I had an H1B from my previous employer (reputed US based MNC) which was expired in Aug 2011 and I never travelled or get it stamped from India. Instead, I came to US in Feb 2010 on L1B for the same previous employer. But recently I got my H1 B transferred cap exempt to a new employer (reputed US based MNC) on the basis of the previous H1B Receipt #. I am planning to go to INdia and get my new H1-B stamped in Jan 2011. So, I was wondering if the US consulate would require my previous H1-B papers which I don't have except the receipt # and my previous employer is not ready to provide me the previous H1-B papers. Any help on how can i get my previous H1b papers from previous employer woudl be highly appreciated.
    If your H1 B is transferred already, I don't think you need your old petition from the reputed MNC you work for, assuming your future employer (who I guess is another reputed MNC) took care of all the paperwork. You will, however, be required to carry and produce on demand all papers related to your new employer.
    Last edited by happybuddha; 09-21-2012, 09:51 AM. Reason: Typos
    This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by vaibh View Post
      Hey,

They would not require previous h1b as you have never used it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X