X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A to H1 transfer - 7 years to complete in Dec this year

Hi Friends,

I want an opinion on my situation.

I have an approved petition for H1 in the Oct 2012 - 2013 quota - just got the approved petition. Currently I am on L1-A and completing my 7 years next month.

I plan to go to India after 2 months and go for a H1 visa stamping. My question is..

1. Is this possible?
    2. If I get my H1 stamped in Dec this year .. still I plan to complete my 1 year. Do you know how long the visa will be stamped for approximately?
    3. Will the H1 petition get invalid if I go back in India this Dec?

Thanks - much appreciated

Originally posted by canacani View Post
    Hi Friends,

I have an approved petition for H1 in the Oct 2012 - 2013 quota - just got the approved petition. Currently I am on L1-A and completing my 7 years next month.

I plan to go to India after 2 months and go for a H1 visa stamping. My question is..

1. Is this possible?
    2. If I get my H1 stamped in Dec this year .. still I plan to complete my 1 year. Do you know how long the visa will be stamped for approximately?

Whats your GC status? L1 A is for max 7 Years, and if you dont have an I-140 approved in most likelihood you cannot get a fresh H1. You will be eligible for fresh H1 only after spending 1 full year outside US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

just to correct .. I have a 2 year break in this 7 years.

Originally posted by canacani View Post
      Hi Friends,

1. Is this possible?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X