Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received 221(g) Green Color form, U.S Consulate Chennai

Hi,

During my Visa interview, I was told by the Chennai consulate officer that they have to check and verify whether the US job position is still available for me. He also assured me that I will hear back in 2-3 weeks and will be asked to submit passport for stamping. I attended the interview in the month of July and it’s been 2 months and did not receive any communication from the Consulate.

I contacted my U.S Employer and they do not have any updates about my case from USCIS or the consulate. The Chennai Consulate site, administrative processing case status report does not have my case number listed as well.

221(g) green color form is attached.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards
    Danny
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Danny.Vittal View Post
    I attended the interview in the month of July and it’s been 2 months and did not receive any communication from the Consulate.
    and when did you submit the additional documents that they are asking for? Just to have all the dates.

Comment

Hi Vroni,

The officer did not ask me to submit any additional documents. He told me, I will be communicated to submit passport for stamping in 2 to 3 weeks. So I did not submit any documents to VFS.

The list of documents carried with me at the time of interview, which were the same one’s ticked in 221(g) form.

1) DS-160 confirmation page
      2) I-797
      3) I-129 full set with LCA and all other supporting documents submitted to USCIS
      4) Offer letter
      5) Client letter

Regards
      Danny

Comment

Dear all,

It has been about 5 months since I got 221g. I haven't heard anything back from the Consulate yet.
        In my case, all the documents ticked in the 221g were the same as what I carried and provided during the interview.
        Office had told me no need to do anything and will hear back in 2-3 weeks during the interview. I did not submit any documents because of this.

Any help with how should I proceed? Should I submit the same set of documents again? I tried to mail VFS but got some standard answer like no definite time as far as the 221g processing.

Is there any way I can find out whether they are looking for any documents from me?

thanks a lot
        Daniel

Comment

Please help wtih 221g - 5 months past

Dear all,

Please help me with this case. I do not know what am I suppose to at this time.

It has been about 5 months since I got 221g. I haven't heard anything back from the Consulate yet.
          In my case, all the documents ticked in the 221g were the same as what I carried and provided during the interview.
          Office had told me no need to do anything and will hear back in 2-3 weeks during the interview. I did not submit any documents because of this.

Any help with how should I proceed? Should I submit the same set of documents again? I tried to mail VFS but got some standard answer like no definite time as far as the 221g processing.

Is there any way I can find out whether they are looking for any documents from me?

thanks
          Daniel

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X