L1 to H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1

My H1 petition is approved as of Oct 1st. I am currently on L1 .. do I need to resign from my current company or can i Continue to work in L1 status until my H1 employer finds a job for me?

What if the company who filed my H1 is not able to get me a job?

Originally posted by canacani View Post
    My H1 petition is approved as of Oct 1st. I am currently on L1 .. do I need to resign from my current company or can i Continue to work in L1 status until my H1 employer finds a job for me?

You would need to resign from L1 employer. You have to work with the H1 employer from Oct 1st 2012. Any employment on L1 status after 01 Oct 2012 is illegal.

What do you mean by "not able to get a job" ? Didn't the H1 employer tell USCIS they have a position open hence need you in the first place? If you dont get paid on H1 post 01 Oct 2012 you will be considered Out Of Status.

This is my opinion not legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by canacani View Post

As far as i know , i dont think so .Your status immediately changes to H1 and your L1 becomes invalid.I dont think you can continue working on L1 status after the H1 effective date. If you do that way then that means you are out of status and you could potentially be barred from entering US for close to 10 years.So be really careful.You still have a days time to put in papers...
      Btw when did the USCIS website show that your petition was approved ?

If they have got u a visa then i m guessing they have a vacancy somewhere for you..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X