Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a fresh unused Visa be transferred outside US- urgent

Hi All,

I have received a H1 B Visa stamping from one of the employers who directly recruited me from the US in this year ( 2012 -2013 ).

I am currently working for a company in india who after realizing that I will leaving for the above company, offered me the same benefits & package at their US location. My question is about whether my current employer in india can transfer the H1 B visa which is valid until 2015 to their name from outside US ( india ) and will it also be cap exempt as I havent travelled to the US on this visa?

I am worried that if my visa isnt cap exempt to be able to apply from my employer in india, I might have to wait until next October to be able to start working in the US.

Any quick information regarding this would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks

Your employer can file a cap-exempt petition for you and you can travel to US after it gets approved and work for them. New Visa will not be needed.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the reply ,
      Did you mean to say that I don't need to go for the interview again ?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by aspirantal View Post
        Thanks for the reply ,
        Did you mean to say that I don't need to go for the interview again ?

Thanks,
        I just spoke to an immigration attorney using a phone consultation facility,
        He said that if my current employer files a premium petition and should the petition be approved, I should be able to travel to the US using the new I 797 with the existing H1 B Stamping , but again he mentioned this differs from attorney to attorney on how they claim your status to be. Its not a 100 % sureshot thin

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X