Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 797A with I94, bit no I94#

hi,

I was on L1 vis, and my employer applied for H1b, and just received my 797A document. Although i have I94 look alike document attached to the bottom on 797, it doesnt have any I94 number written.

I was expecting it to have a I94 number same as the current one (white), which I got when i came in USA (2yrs back).

is it just me or it happens? what is a correct resolution?

Thanks

Did you read it? Does it say that change of status has been approved?
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by rohang View Post
      hi,

I was on L1 vis, and my employer applied for H1b, and just received my 797A document. Although i have I94 look alike document attached to the bottom on 797, it doesnt have any I94 number written.

I was expecting it to have a I94 number same as the current one (white), which I got when i came in USA (2yrs back).

is it just me or it happens? what is a correct resolution?

Thanks
      You have an H1B without change of Status, you need to go to a Consultae to get an H1B Stamp. It looks like employer did not ask of a COS, most of these employers are new and they do not know what they are doing.

Comment

Very first sentence of I797A do say that "The above petition and change of status has been approved ..."

So i believe it is COS only, and it does have I94 on the bottom. Only issue is in front of I94#, thr is no number, neither on top as well.

Thanks.

Comment

It is possible that they gave you the courtesy copy. Ask them for the final notice.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Actually I have not yet received the original copy, this is something my employer has shared in the form of SCANNED PDF.

But if by courtesy you means 797C? no on top it does says I797A, so i beleive although it a soft copy, it is still not a courtesy copy.

Not sure.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X