No announcement yet.

will h1b possible to get after a 214(b)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will h1b possible to get after a 214(b)

hi. i am jammy a physiotherapist from INDIA.

i applied for SCHEDULE A green card visa in jun 2006. got I140 approved in sep 2006. sch A got reterogreesed and became unavailable by nov 2006.

i applied for tourist visa for PLEASURE TRIP (coz. i was travelling a lot at that time , malasiya, spore, thailand.moreover i had a long standing invitation from my cousin) . A week before tourist visa interview i called my immig. petioner to pull off my I140. and they agreed and promised to do so.

there was a question in DSC form " has any one ever filed a immigration petition behalf of me" - thinkin that my I140 is withdrawn i mentioned NO for that question . (i am not aware at that time i should have mentioned YES even after my I140 got pulled off.!!!!

in the interview consular told me that i have a immi. petiotion pending. i said it has been pulled off. he said its not so. and he read the DSC form and said i should have mentioned YES instead of NO. He gave me 214(B). and denied tourist visa.

i was really frustrated my employer didnt pull the I140 off and i gave a wrong answer for the question in DSC form.

now i am offered by another employer for a job thru. h1b visa.
    will i get a h1b visa? or i will be denied for h1b ? or am i at the mercy of the consular who can stamp me or reject me?
    plzzzzzzzzzz . answer........... i am really frustrated

jammy, india.

Likelihood is great in your favour because 214(b) does not apply to H-1b and L-1 visas( they are called dual intent visas--you can have an immigrant intent
    and still get these two visas).

Comment

thanks peace but....

hi, thanks for reply.
      but IN B2 INTERVIEW my 214(B) is coz of pending I140, AND WRONG ANSWER TO THE IMMIGRATION STATUS QUESTION. I TOLD THEM IN INTERVIEW I MARKED NO FOR THE IMMIG. PETITION QUESTION SINCE I ASKED MY EMPLOYER TO PULL I140 OFF ALREADY.
      BUT ITS STIL PENDING. WILL THIS LET CONSULAR TO THINK I LIED DURING THE B2 INTERVIEW.
      DO I NEED TO DO SOMETHING??/
      PLZ REPLY
      GOD BLESS
      SATHIS

Comment

If it the petition is still there, just write yes
        on the form for H-1. If the officer asks you why you wrote no for B1, just tell
        him about the confusion. I do not think you will have any problems if everything else about your H-1 petition is fine.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X