Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Marriage Immigration Married in CA - Living in US

Hello,

I'm a U.S.-born citizen. I recently got engaged to a Canadian citizen. We want to get married in Canada, with a current target date in May, 2017. After this, she plans to immigrate to the U.S. to live with me. I have several questions:

Best way to immigrate her?
    Does the marriage license from Canada get honored in the U.S?
    Time table to move her here (document processing time)?
    Work restrictions for her?
    Travel restrictions for her?

Furthermore, she actually married in the U.S in 2006. She obtained a social security number during this time. She was in the process of obtaining a green card, but the marriage broke down, and ended in divorce. She returned to her family in Canada. My question today is: Does any of this affect our marriage/immigration process?

Thank you very much for your time.

Originally posted by DY89 View Post
    Hello,

I'm a U.S.-born citizen. I recently got engaged to a Canadian citizen. We want to get married in Canada, with a current target date in May, 2017. After this, she plans to immigrate to the U.S. to live with me. I have several questions:

Best way to immigrate her?
    Does the marriage license from Canada get honored in the U.S?
    Time table to move her here (document processing time)?
    Work restrictions for her?
    Travel restrictions for her?

Furthermore, she actually married in the U.S in 2006. She obtained a social security number during this time. She was in the process of obtaining a green card, but the marriage broke down, and ended in divorce. She returned to her family in Canada. My question today is: Does any of this affect our marriage/immigration process?

Thank you very much for your time.
    so she didn't get the green card at all? it going to be tricky! was she placed on deportation list? u guys should talk with immigration lawyer.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X