Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can my wife apply for a green card if we live in Canada?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can my wife apply for a green card if we live in Canada?

I'm a dual citizen of Canada/USA. My girlfriend (we are not married yet, but plan to get married soon) just obtained a green card through her job.
    We're kind of discussing about returning to Canada when we want to have a family, but my girlfriend is afraid she won't be able to keep her greencard, in case we change our minds and want to come back to the US. Is there a way for her to retain her green card, or apply for a new green card when we get married, even if we live in Canada? I kind of want to go back to Canada but don't want to ruin her chances of keeping a green card in case things dont turn out well in Canada. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Originally posted by timurridjanovic View Post
    I'm a dual citizen of Canada/USA. My girlfriend (we are not married yet, but plan to get married soon) just obtained a green card through her job.
    We're kind of discussing about returning to Canada when we want to have a family, but my girlfriend is afraid she won't be able to keep her greencard, in case we change our minds and want to come back to the US. Is there a way for her to retain her green card, or apply for a new green card when we get married, even if we live in Canada? I kind of want to go back to Canada but don't want to ruin her chances of keeping a green card in case things dont turn out well in Canada. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    She's not going to keep her green card if she's not going to be living in the US. If and when she decides to move to the US in the future, if she is still married to you at that time, she can get a green card through you.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X