Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago USCIS PO BOX: How often do they pick up their mail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xokoow
    replied
    I was waiting from 4/4/2021 and today its 4/22/2021 and still say ready for pick up somebody can help??

Leave a comment:

• R78
    replied
    Box sizes are standardized at post offices. Assuming USCIS bought the biggest box, it is enough to hold 50 packages+overflow.
    I would not be surprised if they collect mail every 1-2 days.
    The issue might be that they may not have enough personnel to open the packages, quick review of documents & cash checks right away. So a package that is picked up the same day may be reviewed 5 days later (with the receipt date still being the postmark date)

Leave a comment:

• Tae1990
    replied
    Originally posted by SoQueen View Post
    I've sent a package with my AOS documents to the USCIS PO Box in Chicago on Monday but I realized just a few hours later that my husband made a mistake in the I-864 (Current Annual Income Question). Because we didn't want to have an RFE, we placed an Intercept on the package the same day, to have it returned to us.

My package arrived at the destination Post Office in Chicago yesterday at 7:30am, but since then hasn't made any progress and still says "In-transit". I've tried to call the PO but the lady I got on the phone wasn't able to help me and just said she will remind the Supervisor that my package needs to be returned to the sender. Is it actually going to happen? I'm kind of worried that my package is just going to be ignored and never returned to me nor ready for Pickup for the USCIS....

Thanks!!
    I am in the same situation right now. I intercepted my package to return to me. It was intercepted yesterday 8/09. I used priority mail. I did that because I filled out my forms and left spaces blank (the spaces that did not apply to me or for eg my mom middle name because she does not have 1).

how long did it take to get back your package?

Leave a comment:

• SoQueen
    replied
    I've sent a package with my AOS documents to the USCIS PO Box in Chicago on Monday but I realized just a few hours later that my husband made a mistake in the I-864 (Current Annual Income Question). Because we didn't want to have an RFE, we placed an Intercept on the package the same day, to have it returned to us.

My package arrived at the destination Post Office in Chicago yesterday at 7:30am, but since then hasn't made any progress and still says "In-transit". I've tried to call the PO but the lady I got on the phone wasn't able to help me and just said she will remind the Supervisor that my package needs to be returned to the sender. Is it actually going to happen? I'm kind of worried that my package is just going to be ignored and never returned to me nor ready for Pickup for the USCIS....

Thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• Tezza
    replied
    Originally posted by richard2017 View Post
    ATTENTION:
    - I updated now. Today 4/20/2018, LockBox of USCIS was charged my check, even USPS still show up "Arrived at Chicago Post office". They did not change to "Ready For Pick Up" or Signature confirmed. even i paid for that $3.
    - It is so crazy. But i am happy when i saw LockBox charged the check, that's mean they take my Application. (i4-85, i-130, i-765). So, you guys HAVE TO send documents with the checks, that's another way we can check when they processing your applications.
    Good luck to you guys.
    I had the same issue. I had sent to the P.O. Box in Chicago, IL via USPS. The USPS tracking said it had "Arrived at the Post Office in 60680" on April 12th. When I called the post office a lady told me a clerk had forgotten to scan it when it was put into the P.O. Box itself, so it got stuck on that status, but told me USCIS had picked up their mail and mine was there and I just had to hope she was telling the truth and it hadn't been lost.

Last night, April 19th at 10.30pm to my surprise, I received 3 text messages and 3 emails, informing me they'd accepted my 3 forms (I-130, I-485 and I-765) and upon checking the bank account, they'd also cashed the checks.

Leave a comment:

• richard2017
    replied
    ATTENTION:
    - I updated now. Today 4/20/2018, LockBox of USCIS was charged my check, even USPS still show up "Arrived at Chicago Post office". They did not change to "Ready For Pick Up" or Signature confirmed. even i paid for that $3.
    - It is so crazy. But i am happy when i saw LockBox charged the check, that's mean they take my Application. (i4-85, i-130, i-765). So, you guys HAVE TO send documents with the checks, that's another way we can check when they processing your applications.
    Good luck to you guys.

Leave a comment:

• richard2017
    replied
    Originally posted by Vicssct View Post
    no. mine just said arrived at the post office. it has been like that for 12 days now
    Hello Vicssct,
    Did USCIS charged your check for applications?
    And how long from the day Arrival at the Post office to the day USCIS picked your application up?
    Please give me some update from yours.
    Thank you so so much.

Leave a comment:

• richard2017
    replied
    same problem, so much worry

I got the same issued.
    Before, i sent the application for my Mom, sent on Monday, and they updated "Delivered & Signed on Thursday.
    But now i just sent the application for my Spouse on last Monday (April 9th, 2018), but until today when i tracked it just showed "Arrived at the post office". Not even "Ready for Pick up".
    - Do you guys have any advise now? I'm going to go to the post office to ask manager. And will update after lunch.
    I am so worry now. hix.

-----> Updated: I asked the manager at my local USPS, he tried to call the USPS at Chicago but no one pick up the phone.
    He gave me 2 number of Chicago USPS. you can try to call them to verify like me now:

312-692-6120
    312-983-8130 (this number picked up the phone, but so crazy woman, rude)
    ---> next number is 312-983-7544 (for send out the mail to PO box)

good luck all!
    Last edited by richard2017; 04-16-2018, 02:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MzJ
    replied
    Originally posted by MzJ View Post
    Did you your mail get picked up?
    Yes it did.

Leave a comment:

• MzJ
    replied
    please i am in the same situation, did they eventually pick it up?and how long did it take? i have been calling the post office but they dont pick up the phone. do you have a number for the post office?
    Did you your mail get picked up?

Leave a comment:

• MzJ
    replied
    Anxious

I sent in my documents on March 14 through USPS, it didn't arrive until March 21st and got dilvered March 22nd at 6:25 am. I'm now waiting for text or email notification. Anyone on here waiting also?

Leave a comment:

• boogiewoogie
    replied
    I mailed from Chicago to Chicago lockbox, priority express shizzle using USPS
    still took a week before it was marked as picked up, another week for the notice

Leave a comment:

• Vicssct
    replied
    no. mine just said arrived at the post office. it has been like that for 12 days now

Leave a comment:

• montu86
    replied
    please i am in the same situation, did they eventually pick it up?and how long did it take? i have been calling the post office but they dont pick up the phone. do you have a number for the post office?
    I am having the same issue. It took USPS to deliver package 10 days to PO Box. Now, it just says package is ready for pick up. I am not sure how much time, does it take.

- - - Updated - - -

Did they pick up your package?

Leave a comment:

• Vicssct
    replied
    help

Leave a comment:

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X