legal last name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• legal last name?

I am trying to fill out the divorce papers and looking at the marriage certificate and I can not tell what her "legal" name is. Is it still her last name or mine? She did not get a social security number due to an error so she had no name change there nor have a number, that I know of (she been gone for over a year to where, I don't know) so I do not know on the divorce paper to file if I cross of her maiden name and keep my last name, or cross off my last name
    the marriage certificate has her name filled out but no mention of my last name as hers

Originally posted by Saught View Post
    I am trying to fill out the divorce papers and looking at the marriage certificate and I can not tell what her "legal" name is. Is it still her last name or mine? She did not get a social security number due to an error so she had no name change there nor have a number, that I know of (she been gone for over a year to where, I don't know) so I do not know on the divorce paper to file if I cross of her maiden name and keep my last name, or cross off my last name
    the marriage certificate has her name filled out but no mention of my last name as hers
    what does the certificate say? her maiden name or your last name? if it's really to hard to determine, you can always put both her maiden and your last name on there and explain what's going on.
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

the lawyers already confirmed to use her maiden name since there has been no paperwork of a name change
      they also told me if there was an issue with the last name it wont delay the divorce

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X