Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More than one applications for GC

Hi !!

I have appliled for GC in 2002 under EB3 category. Meanwhile, I got married last year to a US Citizen and got my green card through wedding. What would happen to my previous application ? I was thinking if I can get my employment based greencard, I will forfeit my GC I got because of getting married to a US Citizen.

Please help.

You can abandon that employment based green card petition by just sending them a letter. Most of the times, they ignore such letters.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

More than one applications for GC

thanks for the reply, sir. The problem is not How to stop the ongoing application.

Here is the question - I got the GC through the wedding. I have my 2nd application going on through employment. Now, I was wondering if can I get two greencards ? one which is already through wedding and second is through my employment. the reason I am asking is - God forbid, if I get divorced before 2 years of my wedding then my GC through wedding will be revoked.

I want to get the green card through employment only but I am not sure what would happen to that as I already have one GC through wedding.

Thanks.

Comment

You can't get 2 green cards.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

one last question

thanks for the help, sir.

I got the point that one cannot have two green cards. Will it be up to me to decide which one I want to keep ?

As the green card from my employment is having the Priority Date current, I wish to forfeit my GC from marriage.

Should I just need to send them a letter to forfeit the GC from marriage ?

Thanks.

Comment

please reply

Can anyone please reply to my questions ?

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by bankimme
              Can anyone please reply to my questions ?

thanks.

Youre treading on dangerous ground............there is no value to giving up your marraige based GC...inn fact it can be dangerous and not as simple as you think. If you decide to give up that card now and get one tru employmnet, I think you will have a very difficult time convincing USCIS that you didnt marry just to obtain a GC.........that would certainly affect your emplyment ba.sed application.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X