Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holding L1 Visa and looking for L2 for spouse

Hi,
    I am holding an L1 Individual visa and am looking for applying for L2 visa for my wife. I have the following queries:
    1) In approximately how many months can my wife start working in the US after she arrives there?
    2) Please calrify on the tx benefits (if any) in case i hold an L1 visa and am accompanied by my spouse to US?
    3) I would be staying in the US for about 6 months. Therafter, once I return, will i get the benefits such as leave encashments, tax refund etc? If yes, then to what extent?

Originally posted by vickymactian
    Hi,
    I am holding an L1 Individual visa and am looking for applying for L2 visa for my wife. I have the following queries:
    1) In approximately how many months can my wife start working in the US after she arrives there?
    2) Please calrify on the tx benefits (if any) in case i hold an L1 visa and am accompanied by my spouse to US?
    3) I would be staying in the US for about 6 months. Therafter, once I return, will i get the benefits such as leave encashments, tax refund etc? If yes, then to what extent?

Once she applies for an receives an EAD, ( 2-3 months to process) she can begin working

She pays taxes according to the state in which she lives and work.

Leave ets are company specific and not visa tied so the ethe company will amke those dterminations.

Tax refunds are filed at the end of the calenday year when she receives her W-2s.
    In short, she will b ein the smae boat as any other person, american or non american.

Comment

Tax Rebates/refund for an L1 visa holder

Hi,
      I hold an L1 individual visa. i wanted to know if i am eligible for tax rebates (such as reduction in tax, etc) in case i am accompanied by my wife to the US. if yes, then to what extent?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X