Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

Immagration/marriage/travel-Please help!

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Immagration/marriage/travel-Please help!


    My husband is from Switzerland. He had been granted conditional residency based on his first marriage to another American in 1996. They have one child. He filed for adjustment of status while married to his first wife but never received any correspondence form INS. He continued to work in the US. He separated from his first wife in 1998 and his divorce was final in 2001. We married a few months later. We have two children.
    In 2004, he went to the DMV to get a duplicate driver's license and was told that he could not based on his residency status. He went to INS and they told him that it would take up to two years to find his file and at that time his was illegal. He continued to live in the US for another 6 months and finally returned to Switzerland in 2005. He has been there ever since.
    Extenuating circumstances have prevented me and the kids from moving there, although we intend to. He would like to come to the US to visit.
    Does anyone know if he will be allowed back into this country for a week or two? And if so, what documents might he need? He doesn't want to come back here to live, but it would be nice to be able to come visit once and a while. Any advice or insight into this issue would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks so much,