Not sure where to get help for this issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure where to get help for this issue

Hi There! I signed up because I am faced with an issue that I do not know how to resolve.
    I am currently a permanent resident of US. I am in the process of getting my citizenship however, it is taking longer than I thought.
    My current residency is based in Uzbekistan.I have a Uzbek passport which Is expired. I have an opportunity to travel to London this summer for work. However, I don't have a valid passport and in order to renew mine, I have to be present in the Uzbek embassy. Does anybody have an advice for me on how to handle the situation. I cant travel to Uzbek embassy with an expired passport. Basically I cant leave the country until I get my citizenship and able to apply for Us Passport.
    Thank you

So why can't you travel to the Uzbek embassy to renew your passport? Because it's far? Unfortunately, that's the easiest way for you to be able to travel internationally. As a US permanent resident, another option is to apply for a US Re-entry Permit which is a passport-like booklet that you can use for international travel, and get a British visa on that; however, a Re-entry Permit also takes a long time to get, and may be more hassle than renewing your passport.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X