Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

Lost Green Card, SS Card and Driver's License

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lost Green Card, SS Card and Driver's License

    Hello everyone,

    I figured this would be a good place to start. My father in law recently had his wallet stolen. In his wallet, for reasons unknown to me, he carried his driver's license, green card and social security card. He was amnestied in under Reagan, and still on the original greencard.

    Does anyone have any tips on where to start? I think he will be able to get some documentation from work like a W2, Check Stub and he has bank records, but it is unlikely that he has any photo id.

    Thanks in advance,


  • #2
    I believe you can replace a lost driver's license without an ID in most states, if you are not changing any information on the license. Once he gets his replacement driver's license, he can file I-90 to replace his green card, and he can apply to replace his Social Security card.

    This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.