Continuous Residency Requirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuous Residency Requirement

I got my green card about 10 years ago. I have always stayed in the US for short time (about 4 months) and then left for a few months before returning back to the US. So, I never was longer than 5 months outside the US. Now I want to apply for the US citizenship. Do I have the continuous residency requirement? I stayed physically in the US in total of 5 years. The scenario is like this:
    Travelled to US and stayed 5 months
    Travelled to Europe and stayed 3 months
    Travelled to the US and stayed 4 months
    Travelled to Middle East and stayed 3.5 months
    Travelled to the US and stayed 4.5 months
    . . . and so on . . .

Check the eligibility worksheet from: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...ttachments.pdf

I think that: if in the last 5 years (60 months) you were residing in the USA for more than 30 and you never traveled for more than 6 months then you have a good chance to get approved for citizenship. I'm no expert. Good luck.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

An immigration lawyer in the US saying I have no chance because I did not live here, continuously.

Comment

Did you follow the Naturalization Eligibility Worksheet from the link I provided?

One of the requirements is clear, in the last 5 years not been out for 30 months or more. That means that if in the last 60 months you have been in the USA for a little over 30 months you check that requirement.
        Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
        Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
        Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
        ---
        All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X