Fingerprinting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fingerprinting

In connection with a name change, we had gone in for biometric appointments some time ago (permanent resident). This returned unclassifiable twice. We are advised to get local police letter or state issued criminal background check from each jurisdiction in which we resided since becoming a LPR. This includes a California location, and we live in a a different state now. I found this while searching about this: https://oag.ca.gov/fingerprints/visaimmigration. This is a record clearance from the California DOJ. Can someone tell me if this is the correct thing to obtain, or if there is something else that they are looking for?

An additional question I wanted to ask is whether doing the fingerprints at home using an FD 258 card was a viable option? Any recommendations are welcome. Thanks.

Comment

I am wondering if perhaps this belongs in another forum/thread? Can I request a moderator to move this to one of the LPR forums where there may be participants with relevant knowledge?

Comment

Hello, the method of removing fingerprints using the FD 258 card is still alive. I don't think you need to do anything else. I think this will be enough for the police and for the Department of Justice of California, it is unlikely that they will be looking for anything else.
        Last edited by marinapetrenko; 07-27-2022, 03:12 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X