Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOA bank account access, while staying outside US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOA bank account access, while staying outside US?

My brother-in-law, who was in states until 2016 returned back to India for personal reasons. He had maintained his BOA bank account in the belief that he might be back one day.
    Recently, when he tried to login to the online account, the bank sent some authentication onto his linked mobile number. As he didn't had access to the same, the authentication failed and the account is locked.

Is there a way, he can get his access back to his bank account when he is outside US? Please advise.

I'd consider looking up the international customer service phone number of the bank. It might be written on the back of his debit card.
    The above is my personal opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Dx134 View Post
      I'd consider looking up the international customer service phone number of the bank. It might be written on the back of his debit card.
      He did speak with a bank representative BUT they were NOT convinced and they have NOT removed the lock on his account.

Comment

Well, that sucks... I don't know if BoA has branches in other countries. I'm with a certain other bank here because it has branches both in the US and my native country, and this made some of my banking stuff easier and cheaper, and I could do some rather limited banking with my foreign account from branches over here. If BoA has a branch in India or a nearby country, maybe they can help authenticate your BIL and help unlock his account. If not, then flying back to the US and doing it in person is probably the only option...
        The above is my personal opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Customer service will have this solved in the matter of minutes.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X