• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zoraya
    replied
    Originally posted by ash10683 View Post
    Hi Friends,

This is my first post and I am looking for some help around filing Federal and State Tax return from India. I could not complete 180 days in US during Last 2012 financial year and many tax ****o advisors have told me that I need to file 1040NR for federal tax return. However, I have reached India now and I am looking for some help on how I can file Income tax returns for US while I am in India and most likely I need to file 1040NR tax returns and its corresponding MN State tax return.

I would appreciate if anyone can help me with providing some tax associate/contacts who can help me file 1040NR and state tax return from India or atleast with some online filing of 1040NR and STATE tax if possible.

Thanks,
    Ashish
    I did my tax returns with sprint tax. As per instructions in downloaded state return from sprint tax, I will have to mail it to FTB PO BOX. But It is given in FTB website, that No private delivery service would deliver to FTB's USPS PO BOX. Then which delivery service should I use to mail my state tax returns from India?
    Last edited by zoraya; 05-28-2020, 04:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• karelb
    replied
    Originally posted by lisa cole View Post
    Hi, I totally understand your problem cause I was myself in such situation. I completed only 164 days in US during last financial tax year. I found on the internet this online software and filled my 1040NR for federal tax return. yahoo mail login This was the easiest way and the cheapest although I still had to post the return to the IRS. They provide great live chat support as well. Lisa
    It's worth it trying that software.
    Last edited by samlynn; 09-12-2018, 03:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• inadmissible
    replied
    Keep in mind that the United States and various states may have different tax residency rules. Also, many states will not honor treaty positions (which really only applies to the federal government)

I've seen many situations where some person or entity was non-resident for US tax purposes but deemed resident for California purposes

Leave a comment:

• dineshbabur92
    replied
    Hi Friends,

This is my first post and I am looking for some help around filing Federal and State Tax return from India. I could not complete 180 days in US during Last 2012 financial year and many tax advisors have told me that I need to file 1040NR for federal tax return. However, I have reached India now and I am looking for some help on how I can file Income tax returns for US while I am in India and most likely I need to file 1040NR tax returns and its corresponding MN State tax return.

I would appreciate if anyone can help me with providing some tax associate/contacts who can help me file 1040NR and state tax return from India or atleast with some online filing of 1040NR and STATE tax if possible.

Thanks,
    Ashish
    I did my tax returns with sprint tax. As per instructions in downloaded state return from sprint tax, I will have to mail it to FTB PO BOX. But It is given in FTB website, that No private delivery service would deliver to FTB's USPS PO BOX. Then which delivery service should I use to mail my state tax returns from India?

Leave a comment:

• LaraClarc
    replied
    I also used this online sprintax software last year, it was OK. I plan on using it this year too I guess, since I can't fill my own return. I tried that first - I couldn't; after that I was going to go see an accountant but a friend told me about the website and I went online.I think it was the easiest way possible.

Leave a comment:

• gregvath
    replied
    Lisa and Ashish,
    Just wanted to add that if either you you were married you may be able to file married filing jointly with your spouse by using the first year choice and the election to treat a nonresident spouse as a resident. For this you would also need to become tax residents in 2013.
    greg

Leave a comment:

• lisa cole
    replied
    Thanks a lisa for your response. Even I had 164 days in US last financial year. I'll go through sprintax.com URL and file federal tax. I found another website which can help in filing US tax returns online and I can send the filled form to IRS directly. However, How do you manage to file State Income tax as thats more concern now as there don't seem to be any website available just for filing state tax returns. A

Appreciate if you can provide inputs on that as well..
    Hi, I did both, they offer federal and state returns. It was very easy so it's worth it trying that software Lisa

Leave a comment:

• ash10683
    replied
    Originally posted by lisa cole View Post
    Hi, I totally understand your problem cause I was myself in such situation. I completed only 164 days in US during last financial tax year. I found on the internet this online software and filled my 1040NR for federal tax return: This was the easiest way and the cheapest although I still had to post the return to the IRS. They provide great live chat support as well. Lisa
    Thanks a lisa for your response. Even I had 164 days in US last financial year. I'll go through sprintax.com URL and file federal tax. I found another website which can help in filing US tax returns online and I can send the filled form to IRS directly. However, How do you manage to file State Income tax as thats more concern now as there don't seem to be any website available just for filing state tax returns. A

Appreciate if you can provide inputs on that as well..

Leave a comment:

• lisa cole
    replied
    Hi

Hi, I totally understand your problem cause I was myself in such situation. I completed only 164 days in US during last financial tax year. I found on the internet this online software and filled my 1040NR for federal tax return. This was the easiest way and the cheapest although I still had to post the return to the IRS. They provide great live chat support as well. Lisa

Leave a comment:

• ash10683
    started a topic US Tax filing from India - 1040NR

US Tax filing from India - 1040NR

Hi Friends,

This is my first post and I am looking for some help around filing Federal and State Tax return from India. I could not complete 180 days in US during Last 2012 financial year and many tax advisors have told me that I need to file 1040NR for federal tax return. However, I have reached India now and I am looking for some help on how I can file Income tax returns for US while I am in India and most likely I need to file 1040NR tax returns and its corresponding MN State tax return.

Thanks,
    Ashish

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X