Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ITIN - received notice CP566 to after visiting IRS in-person verification TAC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITIN - received notice CP566 to after visiting IRS in-person verification TAC.

Hi
    On March 30 2013, I submitted ITIN and tax return to IRS office at St Petersburg, FL (110 miles form orlando, fl) which provides in-person verification and certify the original passports.

On April 29 2013, I received a notice CP566 from IRS
    "Unable to process ITIN application until a valid documentation is send. The passport which was submitted did not meet the IRS criteria:"

Now they are asking to send either original passport (IRS prefers this) or send a certified copy.

I called the ITIN office and they said there is some line on the passports photo page and cannot verify the document.

Should I send the original passport to IRS or get a certified copy and then send the certified copy ?

Hi.. I am also suffering with the same issue.. Can you please let me know what you have done to your problem. Itin for my baby and and my husband has been rejected for not submitting original passport. Please guide me what steps you have taken...

Originally posted by Senthil Kumar View Post
    Hi
    On March 30 2013, I submitted ITIN and tax return to IRS office at St Petersburg, FL (110 miles form orlando, fl) which provides in-person verification and certify the original passports.

On April 29 2013, I received a notice CP566 from IRS
    "Unable to process ITIN application until a valid documentation is send. The passport which was submitted did not meet the IRS criteria:"

Now they are asking to send either original passport (IRS prefers this) or send a certified copy.

I called the ITIN office and they said there is some line on the passports photo page and cannot verify the document.

Should I send the original passport to IRS or get a certified copy and then send the certified copy ?

Comment

Last year my friend had the same issue, he went to one of the in-person verification center with that letter and passports, they verified it and gave the passport back. He received ITIN and return was processed successfully.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X