X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inadmissible
    replied
    Collecting rent is fine.
    Property management, on the other hand, violates the terms of your visa.

"Also the tenant sends me check every month" -- Yes
    " incase of any maintainance he calls me, and I send the handy man for repair. Is it okay to do so?" -- No, not fine

Hire a property manager

Leave a comment:

• reynaldoheyer
    replied
    As far as I know it is not legal process but still, if you want then you can contact

Leave a comment:

• gopik
    replied
    Is it legal to get rental income on H1b

Is it legal to get rental income on H1b? I am planning to buy a new property and rent my current home. Also the tenant sends me check every month and incase of any maintainance he calls me, and I send the handy man for repair. Is it okay to do so?

Leave a comment:

• immihelp
    replied
    All these activities are considered passive investment and not employment. Therefore, there is no problem.

Leave a comment:

• krajamk
    replied
    I am guess my question is what is not allowed on rental property being on H1b?

appreciate any response on it

Leave a comment:

• krajamk
    replied
    usally tenents pay the rents through checks. I just need to collect the checks from them and if they complain about any repiar I may have to call service provders to fix it. other than that I do not need to manage any thing on the property. will it be considered as managing the property. or I should not do any maintainence on the property

thanks

Leave a comment:

• immihelp
    replied
    1. Yes.
    2. No problem.

Leave a comment:

• krajamk
    started a topic buy real estate / rental property

buy real estate / rental property

Hi

I am on currently on H1B visa and my perm has been applied recently. I am considering to buy a rental property with couple of tenents renting the property. I can I buy a rental property and receive the monthly rent from tenents?

will it impact my currrent green card processing? any restriction on owning a rental propery on H1b and claim rents as additional income

thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X