Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - with tax returns

Hi all please help

I was working in US till this February 2014. I applied for federal but regarding state, I had some changes in the W2 form to be made, so I consulted my employer and it was changed. Meanwhile, I happen to come back to India on Feb 15, since my project was over. I may go back in 2 months for another project. But I was told like the last date is on April mid and will be charged a penalty, when failing to file the tax after this date. Please let me know in case there are procedures, I can do it from here or what are the consequence if I have to file it after two months?.

Thanks and Regards
    Harini.k
    Last edited by HariniRam; 04-04-2014, 04:52 AM.

The penalty for filing after April 15 will be around $30 or more, depending on amount of income, or it might be waived altogether by IRS. It's not that big of a deal. Right now, however, you should submit an extension request, which may mitigate a "late filing" penalty.

--Ray B

Originally posted by HariniRam View Post
    Hi all please help

I was working in US till this February 2014. I applied for federal but regarding state, I had some changes in the W2 form to be made, so I consulted my employer and it was changed. Meanwhile, I happen to come back to India on Feb 15, since my project was over. I may go back in 2 months for another project. But I was told like the last date is on April mid and will be charged a penalty, when failing to file the tax after this date. Please let me know in case there are procedures, I can do it from here or what are the consequence if I have to file it after two months?.

Thanks and Regards
    Harini.k

Comment

File for an extension. However, that extension is only to file the return and not for the income tax owed. Therefore, pay the income tax by April 15 using your best estimate along with the extension filling.
      Immihelp Support
      No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X