Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some info on SSN Application

Hi,

I reached here some 3 weeks back and applied for SSN immediately on arrival. I gave my office address for the application but i didnt receive for about two weeks. When I checked with the SSA office they said the card got returned.
    They gave me my SSN number but they asked to apply again for the physical card for the same number. I just now checked a note in the receipt that a replacement card is generated only three times a year and 10 times for lifetime.

Now my query is
    - Does this apply for me as well. I havent lost the card and not applying for a new number . (infact i guess its an issue with the delivery and I didn't even get my physical card once)
    - If it does apply to me, and in case there was a delivery failure for the second time, can some one suggest me an appropriate course of action before i apply again. (which will be my last time for this year).
    - Is there a way to collect the SSN card in person, given i am carrying all my id proof (Passport/I-94).

[ If anyone faced similar issue please share. ]
    //reposting from http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showth...SN-Application as this seemed to be the relevent section

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X