Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITIN Application IN US.

Hi All,

Just wanted to confirm whether IRS *always* ask for original passports to be sent to Texas office in case of child, even after if all documents are verified while applying in IRS office?
    We are planning to go back to India on Feb 28 and does not want to get into a situation where IRS ask for the documents again for verification. Can someone please suggest whether we should apply it from India or can apply from US and fly back to India?

Thanks for your advance help.

Thanks,
    Neeraj

If the applicant's passport copy can be authenticated by an IRS Acceptance Agent or at an IRS office, the original passport does not have to be sent to the Texas ITIN office.

--Ray B

Originally posted by reenaj View Post
    Hi All,

Just wanted to confirm whether IRS *always* ask for original passports to be sent to Texas office in case of child, even after if all documents are verified while applying in IRS office?
    We are planning to go back to India on Feb 28 and does not want to get into a situation where IRS ask for the documents again for verification. Can someone please suggest whether we should apply it from India or can apply from US and fly back to India?

Thanks for your advance help.

Thanks,
    Neeraj

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      If the applicant's passport copy can be authenticated by an IRS Acceptance Agent or at an IRS office, the original passport does not have to be sent to the Texas ITIN office.

--Ray B
      Can the passport being certificated if the owner of the passport doesn't go with me to the IRS office? I'm trying to get the ITIN for my parents in Mexico with their passports; I don't want to mail their original documents, so wondering if I can go alone to get the ITIN to the IRS office without my parents.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X