Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITIN Documents for my Daughter

Hi,

Could anyone please reply with the name of original documents i can send along with W7 to get ITIN for my 2.5 years old daughter.
    I am not in favor of sending original passport.
    I do have Birth certificate and Medical Records (Vaccine/Shot Record), i have read somewhere that these two documents can work.

Has anyone used these two or combination of any other documents other than passport to apply ITIN for child.

The list of documents accepted for the ITIN application starts on pg. 2 of this PDF of Instructions: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/iw7.pdf

I believe you may be able to use the 2 documents you mentioned. However, if they are foreign documents they will only establish foreign status and not identity. You would still need to establish identity with another document. Take a look at the PDF I linked above for other options.

Also, not sure where you are located, but if you happen to have an IRS taxpayer assistance center nearby you can simply walk in for IRS to verify the passport and you wouldn't have to send it in. Here's a list of the TAC centers: https://www.irs.gov/uac/TAC-Location...on-is-Provided

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by MariaR323 View Post
      The list of documents accepted for the ITIN application starts on pg. 2 of this PDF of Instructions: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/iw7.pdf

I believe you may be able to use the 2 documents you mentioned. However, if they are foreign documents they will only establish foreign status and not identity. You would still need to establish identity with another document. Take a look at the PDF I linked above for other options.

Also, not sure where you are located, but if you happen to have an IRS taxpayer assistance center nearby you can simply walk in for IRS to verify the passport and you wouldn't have to send it in. Here's a list of the TAC centers: https://www.irs.gov/uac/TAC-Location...on-is-Provided

Hope this helps.
      Hi,

Thanks for your reply on this.
      I stays in Las Vegas, I did visited the TAC center initially and they validated the passport copy of my wife and daughter and returned it then and there. However i still received the rejection letter.
      I followed the same process again, went to the TAC center to submit the Original Indian Birth Certificate of my daughter along with Medical/Vaccination/Immunization/Shot records from doctor here in US. But TAC officer did not took anything other then passport copy stating if i am submitting passport copy then nothing else is needed. Hence he did not took the original birth certificate and medical records and just took the passport copies, validated them and forwarded it to Austin office.

I hope it works this time... If not... I will send the Original Indian Birth Certificate of my daughter along with Medical/Vaccination/Immunization/Shot records from doctor here in US. I hope these 2 docs are accepted by IRS.

Comment

That does sound odd. You might want to try calling in just to see if you get a more specific answer on your case/rejection. If not, I would try sending everything in again. Are you attaching your tax return as well?

Comment

Originally posted by MariaR323 View Post
          That does sound odd. You might want to try calling in just to see if you get a more specific answer on your case/rejection. If not, I would try sending everything in again. Are you attaching your tax return as well?
          They processed the return with my initial rejected application and excluded the benefits for my daughter and wife.
          So i marked copy on the processes return as mentioned in their rejection letter. Writing copy will let them know that this return has already been processes and i am sending it just to get the ITIN for my dependent.

Also when i called them , every agent have a different answers... But the most common was that they do see that TAC officer has validated my passport but they do not see any reason that why those copies were rejected. Hence we have tried sending another set of validated copies. Hope they accept it this time.

Comment

ITIN for My Daughter- Reason for submitting

Hi I Came to US for first time on January 2013 on H1 VISAapplied for ITIN for my Wife in 2015 during filling returns, I went back in Feb 2016 and came back in August 2016 . My Wife and my Daughter who is 1 year old came to US in December 2016. (Wife and Daughter are on H4 VISA)

I have 2 questions

i) My Daughters Name on Birth certificate does not have Surname , and her passport also have only given name with FNU - First name unknown on the passport

1. What should i write in name section in the W7 form
            ii) What should be the Reason of submitting the for:
            d) d Dependent of U.S. citizen/resident alien

g) g Dependent/spouse of a nonresident alien holding a U.S. visa

Regards
            SP

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...