I am in J1 visa and I am planning to return back to India before two years completed. I am paying the taxes from last one and half year and filed the tax return two times with non resident alien status. With the tax treaty of India-US you can get back all the taxes you have paid if you are planning to return to India before two years. Since I have obtained small portion of the tax I have paid with the return I would like to get the remaining money before I leave. Could some one let me know if I amend the taxes is there any restrictions if I have to come back to USA later. Do I have to apply for other types of visa except J1. And could you suggest some good law firms in Manhattan to handle this type of tax returns.

Thanks in advance for your answers