Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITIN Clarification

Hi,

I need one information related to my Tax filing for 2005. we ( myself & wife & kid) came to US on 9th Oct 2005.

I have H1 and my depenedents have H4.

My visa expired on Jan 21st 2006. My company has filed an extension, currently I have only extension receipt. I have not yet got my original extension copy.

I would like to get ITIN for my wife & Kid. while I was filling the W7 form, I have to give type of VISA ,VISA number , expiration date.

Since my i have filed the extension right now, i don't have the expiration date.

what should i do?

Do I have to give my old expiration date? or what should I mention the old expiration date? or I need to wait till get my extension and apply for ITIN and apply for tax return?

what is VISA number? as per my understanding, it is the number which is printed on red color? is that correct?will the VISA number change because of the extension? or it will be the same?

Please advise.

Urgent reply would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    vijay

ITIN related information needed

Hello,

I don't have answers for your question but I probably you have for mine.

I too came to US with wife and Kid on L1 and L4. Do I need to file for ITIN
    for both my wife/kid or only wife or none of them? Do we need to file 1040NR
    or some other form? We are travelling for first time to US. I have posted a query also on this site. If you can help me out here it will be great.

Reg VISA extension, if I am not wrong the no doesn't change. Its I-94 that
    gets extended. However if you go outside and come back to US them you need to have you VISA stamped again. Till then extended I-94 should be enough. You can confirm it with your HR or collegues about it.

Cheers

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X