Canadian citizens filing taxes in US avoiding canadian taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian citizens filing taxes in US avoiding canadian taxes

I am a Canadian citizen working in USA on TN visa for long term with a US employer since March 2006 and have some questions regarding filing income taxes:

My accountant in Canada told me that I would have to file taxes here in USA and attached a copy to Canada, is this true?

If I file taxes showing that I was in Canada on december 31,07 will I be still maintaining the canadian benefits? Will I lose the health benefits of Canada if I tell them that I live and work in USA?

My accountant in Canada told me that since I have Student loans in Canada, I will get more return if my income is higher. Will I get more return if I show US income rather than not showing to avoid Canadian taxes?

What are the benefits of not filing taxes in Canada other than not paying taxes to Canada?

I got married on Dec 24,06 and my wife used to work in Canada. Will I get more return or would have to pay taxes to Canadian government?

I am planning to settle down in USA on TN visa, do I have to let the Canadian government inform somehow to avoid paying taxes to Canada and if I am loosing the Canadian benefits anyhow?

In both USA or Canada what is the maximum annual salary for which you don't have to pay taxes to USA or Canada?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X