Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bying house while I-485 pending

Hello,

I am currently under J-1 (Post Doc fellow - 5 years ending in October 19) and my spouse works under his J-2. We have our I-140 approved and are in the final months hopefully of our I-485.
    We would love to buy a house but the banks are not keen on landing us money while we don't technically have our GC in hands (it is the only word they know about immigration).
    would anybody be able to share their experience with us? Is there any possibility in buying without H-1b or GC in hands?

Thanks a lot for your help!

You should be able to buy a property, right?

Comment

I know you can get a loan from a bank if you have I-400 (or better) and income, so I think the bank should give you I-485. All in all that sounds good, I don't know why banks behave that way. I've seen links to sites for getting I-485, but I'm not sure how they work in practice. It's easier to build your own house https://www.boutiquehomeplans.com/house-building-blog. For example, if I want to buy a $2 million house: A mortgage loan with an interest rate set at 5%, which would be about $120,000 a year, or about $800,000 over 10 years
      Last edited by vicwoods; 10-16-2021, 10:27 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X