• name conflict

My name is listed in my passport as :

Surname : BIGIRI
    Given Name: MOHMOUD RIAZ

In my SSN, it is shown incorrectly as: BIGIRI MOHMOUD RIAZ, which I assume

Last Name: RIAZ
    MIDDLE Name: MOHMOUD
    First Name: BIGIRI

At least to match as shown in passport, it should have been listed as: MOHMOUD RIAZ BIGIRI.

In my US Driver License, it is listed as: RIAZ M. BIGIRI
    where First Name: RIAZ
    Middle Name: MOHMOUD
    Last Name: BIGIRI

In US, in all of my credit cards, employment records etc.. my name is being shown as RIAZ M. BIGIRI. In India, I didn't have any problems because there I never had to deal with First name/middle name/last name.. there its only Full Name or just Name. and the reason for this conflict is my lack of knowing which one is first name or middle name..

My concerns here are:

1. If I leave the names as the above (without attempting to change) will there be any problems in future?
    2. When I attempted to get the name changed on my ssn as it appears in my passport, I was told that it cannot be changed because I have signed on ssn card. Is this right?
    3. If I wanted to have my name in sync everywhere,
    either I have to change my name in my passport as: RIAZ MOHMOUD BIGIRI and then change in ssn. In this case, I don't have to change anything in my credit cards, employment records. (In this case will there be any immigration problems pertaining to H1-B or ongoing green card process because of name change in passport?) OR
    I have to get my name change in my SSN as it apprears in my passport and all my credit cards, employment records also need to be chaged as per passport name.

Please advise me which one is doable and least impact? or what needs to be done? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Name conflict in I-94,SSN and passport

Hi
    Whatever info you have or received, can you please provide me as i happen to face a similar kind of problem where the name on my I-94 and SSN does not match with my passport.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Geeta

Comment

SSN Issue

can anyone guide me for the SSN issue my name is differeing in first name and last name, from VISA and passport now i corrected the same in passport i applied for SSN they have accepted saying that they will verify the docs from immigration record then they can issue me SSN but already first name and last name mismatch is there in my passport and VISA.
      please guide me what to do and what are the options left for me.

Comment

My place of birth and father's last name is same. When I applied for SSN, they said our database is not accepting it. They gave me case number and said they need 2 weeks time to check the documents with federal office.
        I am worried now. What is my next course of action. I am on L1

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X