Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

OPT F-1 student Company won't provide 1042-S

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OPT F-1 student Company won't provide 1042-S

    I am a F-1 student currently on my OPT period after my graduation as a full time employee. The company I worked for provided W-2 for tax filing, however, the withholding agency the company use is not able to provide 1042-S form for my tax return. What should I do ? Do I need the 1042-S and can I ask the company to issue 1042-S not through the withholding agency ? This is new to the company too and they are uncertain about the process.

  • #2

    If you are an F-1 student on Optional Practical Training (OPT) and your company is not providing a Form 1042-S, which is used to report income paid to foreign persons, there are a few steps you can take to address the issue: