Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Certified Indian passport copy for ITIN (How to get it ?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITIN for Wife and child not in US and dont have VISA

HI everyone,

i read all the post in this thread , i am also in same boat I came US in April this year , my wife and children are not with me in USA they are currently in INDIA
    To get my ITIN for my wife and children
    1) Is my Wife presence is requried in US?
    2) my wife don't have visa as of now , is US visa is requried for getting ITIN ?
    3) for child , is he/she is required to be present in US (i heard some 183 days clause in some forums ..) ?
    4) as in my case i have time to get certify copy of passport for both my wife and child before applying next years return

Thx

Comment

• Itin

Can you tell me have u submitted US visa copy along with?
      How did you got certified that copy from India.

My wife and kids are in india.
      MEA told me that they will certify only passport, nothing else.

Regards,
      Prakash

Comment

• Got the ITIN

With god's grace and your help , I finally got the ITIN today.

Thank you all for your help and valuable suggestions.

Comment

• Hi balaaji,
          Did u get your passport and ITIN from IRS....
          Did any one get their ITIN after sending certified copies done in Indian embassy USA...

Comment

• I do not understand what this really the experts can help me?

Comment

• Hi today I received all the certified copies I sent to IRS along with a notice stating my ITIN is in process and will receive in 6 weeks

Comment

• Originally posted by swCinci View Post
                With god's grace and your help , I finally got the ITIN today.

Thank you all for your help and valuable suggestions.
                Hello,

Can you please give more details what procedure you follow & How did you get approved ITIN?

Comment

• Today I received my ITIN...

Refund status still says
                  please enter valid information...

Comment

• Get certified copies of passport from chicago consolate

Hi guys, require your help.

I had submitted the W7 for my wife through acceptance agent in st louis. But yesterday i got a mail from IRS for submitting the original passport or certified copies.

I want to send the certified copies,

1. Does the chicago consolate give certified passport copies without sending them the origianl passport through mail.? the form says that original passport is required.

2. what is the money order i need to take for ? is $13 for each page of passport or for each passport?

Any help is highly appreciated...

Thanks
                    Praveen

Comment

• Originally posted by mikehill View Post
                      Today I received my ITIN...

Refund status still says

Hi MikeHill,

Thanks a lot for update. Good to hear you received your wife's ITIN. Seems from your update it took nearly a month to get ITIN after ur submission of attested copies of passport to IRS. Have you received your refund amount? If so, how long it took after you receive your ITIN. My ITIN has also got rejected and i have received mail from IRS to submit valid Passport. Also, could you please tell me what are all the documents required for passport attestation?

Thanks,

Comment

• ITIN received after 4 months of process and waiting

Originally posted by praveen.cb16 View Post
                        Hi guys, require your help.

I had submitted the W7 for my wife through acceptance agent in st louis. But yesterday i got a mail from IRS for submitting the original passport or certified copies.

I want to send the certified copies,

1. Does the chicago consolate give certified passport copies without sending them the origianl passport through mail.? the form says that original passport is required.

2. what is the money order i need to take for ? is $13 for each page of passport or for each passport?

Any help is highly appreciated...

Thanks
                        Praveen
                        Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share my experience with you all, I had been following this forum closely and running pillar to post to get my ITIN done. Finally received the ITIN's today so wanted to share my experience. I want to make this little elaborate as in future people can get to the process easily.

Feb 25: Went to Rhode Island (I live here) IRS office to file tax return with W7 form, they wanted original passport, they suggested I go to nearest NJ office as in-person verification is available, and so I can retain my original passports.

Mar 1: Travelled to NJ and filed my Tax along with W7. In person verification of passport was done. ( Thought everything was ok, but its was a mistake)

Apr 1: Received ITIN rejection notice for wife and kid, stating original or certified copied are required. (I never knew and should have provided certified copies on Mar1st itself)

Apr 10: After scrambling for a while thinking what's best to do, visited consulate general of india NY website. I did not want to travel to NY again.
                        Downloaded Miscellaneous services form to get certified/attested passport copies
                        took money order total 48$= 13$ (each passport) + 13$ (each passport) + 22$ (for return mailer)
                        attached 2 copies of passport of wife and kid with the visa pages. These pages should be notarized before you send to indian consulate.
                        finally sent the original passports of wife and kid
                        did a overnight fedex -> make sure you do it in weekdays, better it does not get returned in weekend.
                        then started the curious wait as I had sent the original passports.

Apr 19: Received back the original passports with the certified copies from indian consulate.

Apr 24: FedEx the certified copies along with the original birth certificate of child to IRS. The IRS address will be in the ITIN rejection letter.
                        then started the wait again...

June 8: Received ITIN # of wife and kid through post, no rejection this time .

Although I am yet to get the refund, I am happy at least one big process is over after agonizing 4 months. I don't want others to suffer in this process in future, I already spend nearly 500$ in tax filing, fedex, money orders and travelling...

Thanks
                        Krish

Comment

• Same boat...

Originally posted by Balaaji View Post
                          Did any one had submitted original passport to IRS and got the passport back in mail?
                          Hi Balaaji,
                          Did you get your passport back? If yes, how long did it take for IRS to send it back to you? I sent my son's passport two weeks ago and just wondering how long will it take for them to send it back.

Comment

• Hi Kris,

Thanks for your detailed explanation of your situation. Just a clarification could you please let me know that whether you have received a suspended notice before your ITIN Rejection notice ?

In my case, received a notice on june 5th stating got suspended need a valid passport to sent before july 15th. But, i received a second notice on june 15th stating my ITIN got rejected ,although i still have the time till july 15th. When i called IRS they say to send the original passport with new W7.

Could you please tell me is this the same case with you?

Thanks,

Comment

• Time to get the passport back?

Originally posted by mikehill View Post
                              Today I received my ITIN...

Refund status still says
                              Hi mikehill,
                              Have you submitted your original passport along with the W7? How much time did it take to get it back?
                              Last edited by ckrickson; 06-19-2013, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Venkata999 View Post
                                Originally posted by Balaaji View Post
                                Did any one had submitted original passport to IRS and got the passport back in mail?
                                Hi Balaaji,
                                Did you get your passport back? If yes, how long did it take for IRS to send it back to you? I sent my son's passport two weeks ago and just wondering how long will it take for them to send it back.
                                It has been 22 days since I sent my wife's passport. Got ITIN last week. No sign of passport yet. IRS repeats the 60 days turn around time story whenever I call them.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X