Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E2 Visa Essential Employee

Hi all,

I have just accepted a job in the US and the company will be bringing me over on an E2 Employee Visa, I am currently going through that process now and my interview is booked for middle of this month. I am confident that I can demonstrate the 'essential' part as my skills are unique however, as always, I am overthinking things and have read that with the British E2 Employee visa the candidate has to demonstrate ties to the UK.

Well my situation is not 100% straightforward, I am British born and lived in the UK for the most part of my life (0-23 years in UK > 6 months abroad > 3 months UK (changing jobs) > 3 years abroad). However whenever I have worked overseas I have always worked on an assignment (rotational i.e. 15 weeks work 2 weeks home) basis whereby my home country is listed as the UK and my salary is paid in GBP into my UK bank account, I have always had temporary visas (i.e. if I lost my job I wouldn't have a visa) and as my contract stipulates UK as my home country (rotational flights are there, repatriation is to there).

Would this hamper my chances of a successful application for the E2 visa?

I understand these questions are for experienced lawyers which I will ask in my consultation with the company attorney this week but wanted to get a heads up on real experiences.

Thanks a bunch!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X