E2: Not for me anymore...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E2: Not for me anymore...

The E2 process is way to difficult for me.
    The easy part part was the visa and investment.
    But now, we're stuck.
    I have personally been denied for SSN and therefore, can't drive, can't get business license, insurance, etc...
    My wife can't get SSN either and can't get a driver's license. She got the E2 as well...
    Not to mention my 17y/o daughter, that has just no rights whatsoever. She can't go to school without a SSN, would love to learn to drive but can't without any SSN...and start to depress...
    We have had a E2 visa for 5 years but 5 years with no school is just unacceptable for us.
    So far, everything told have been lies, even on the USCIS.gov website.
    I truly believe the E2 shouldn't exist. It is clearly a scam where the US government get the investors' money and then do eveything to make sure the investor and family get out without their money. Clever. I wish my country could legally scam foreign investors to pay my old days with their money...

I'm selling and will look to live in a civilized country in the future...

We were denied for SSN six years ago when we got here on our E2 visa. To this time we had an immigration attorney. We called him up and he told us that we cannot be denied. We have a right to get the SSN. Unfortunately the people in the SS Department do not have a clue what is going on. So we went back with our passports and the I-94 the next day and we got our SSN after that.
    E2 visa is a pain in the butt, but it gives you the right to stay here and look around for other possiblilities. Do not forget, the spous can work for another company without any further working permit (the skipped the work card some years ago). I think you find this information on the webpage of SS. They decided this about 5 years ago, because too many couples got divorced working together. With the spouse working for somebody you can try to get sponsorship with an employer and end up with a Green Card.

Comment

E-2 and SSN

I plan to apply for an E-2 visa. I have already obtained my SSN previously (as I previsouly had a H1-B). Does anyone know if my SSN number will remain valid?

Comment

You will keep your SSN for the rest of your life. This is like your retirement account, because you pay SS in your account every month you work.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X