Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E2 dependent visa-application within the US-how long to get EAD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E2 dependent visa-application within the US-how long to get EAD?

Hi everyone!

I will apply for E2 dependent visa. Since I'm applying within the US, I have the right to file form I-765 (the work authorization form) at the same time than my I-539 (the change of status-I'm already in the country as a H1B holder).

My company can keep me working on H1B until I get the E2. But this ONLY if I get the EAD at THE SAME TIME. If there is a gap between the E2 and the EAD than I have to leave my job because I'm not allowed to work. This is what I want to avoid. I will want a smooth transition without loosing my job.

Do you usually obtain the visa and the EAD at the same time if you file the forms together? Anyone with a similar experience that could give advice?

I will really appreciate if you could share your experiences on the same issue!

Thanks a lot.

Hi,
    my question is little bit similar I’m in US and got my E2 visa now i’m applying for my family they are in Pakistan. I wanted to know that particularly what kind of questions US embassy can ask ? Any one here who got same experience pls share with me and im happy if any one give suggestions/guidance in this regard.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X