Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E3-D stamping from mexico/canada

Hi All,
    I hold a current E-3 visa and I'm working in US. I'm recently married and my wife is an Indian citizen. Given the situation in India, we were not able to get any consular visa appointments for my wife E-3D. So, she arrived to US on a B-2 (tourist) visa along with her brother who lives here in US. Is it possible for us to cross border Mexico/Canada and get E-3D stamped? I'm asking this because it would be first time for her in the new visa category (E-3D). Much appreciated..

If she left the US and seeks to enter in E3D status, she would need to get an E3D visa from a US consulate. I am not sure what the visa appointment situation is at the US consulates in Canada or Mexico.

Or she could file I-539 for Change of Status inside the US.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Hi
      you can contact :-
      Contact us for US Visa Stamping in Mexico | U.S Visa fee payment in Mexico US Visa Stamping Services for F1, F2, H1B, H4, L1A, L1B, L2, E3, E3D, O1 etc.

my account access
      Last edited by Smat1979; 11-29-2022, 12:19 AM.

Comment

E3-D is a trade program under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) that allows for duty-free entry of goods between Mexico, Canada, and the United States. E3-D stamping specifically refers to the process of obtaining a stamp on a certificate of origin document for a qualifying product that is being exported from Mexico or Canada to the United States.

The purpose of the E3-D stamping process is to confirm that the product being exported meets the rules of origin requirements under NAFTA and qualifies for duty-free treatment. The stamp serves as proof that the product was produced and manufactured in Mexico or Canada and is eligible for tariff preferences when it is imported into the United States.

To obtain E3-D stamping, the exporter must complete a certificate of origin document and provide it to the appropriate authority in Mexico or Canada. The authority will then review the document and, if it is found to meet the requirements, will stamp it with the E3-D stamp.

Overall, E3-D stamping is an important process for ensuring that trade between Mexico, Canada, and the United States is conducted in accordance with the rules of NAFTA and that qualifying products receive the appropriate tariff treatment.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X